View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 1, 2020, 3:48 PM
I am a typical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Unnecessary to read anything written by an architect who is a defender of a style the Prince of Wales described as a pile of elephant dung. It is common knowledge that Brutalism is the most reviled of all architectural styles, amongst architects as well. Even at its height it was widely loathed by the public. No other style has seen so many demolitions of buildings only a few decades old, particularly in Europe where urban aesthetics are more appreciated. While there are a few examples that are less oppressive, most are hulking, cold, depressing and even the use of the word sinister would not be a stretch. The buildings age horribly and look particularly dispiriting in the long, cold and dark winter months. Most examples scream "F-you, I exist to blight your city". See Boston City Hall for example. People have wanted it torn down since the day it opened.

Stop using "like" in every sentence, both written AND spoken. It's excessive and unnecessary as well as just plain silly. So for example, it's okay to say "I really like lasagna but today I feel like a pizza", or "I really like this time of year when the days are getting longer and spring is in the air", but not "like I was riding the bus like and this like guy got on and he was like yelling and like bothering all the passengers and like I couldn't concentrate on my like Facebook."
You sound fun.