View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 15, 2013, 9:33 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingchef View Post
i just assumed that any extension of beale would be in an easterly direction.
The more I think about it, extending Beale to the west instead of to the east leaves more land for a private developer to come in and develop on the east side rather than a city led development. It just somewhat puzzled me that the mayor would want to go west instead of east (I personally think east would benefit the South Forum area better).

Quote:
as for the one beale project, is it a gonner for sure? i have consistently been told that it will happen, and not that far in the not to distant future. i hope that is the case, a real disappointment, otherwise.
See what I posted above. While Carlisle owns the land they want to built OneBeale on, the city extending Beale toward them might be somewhat of an infrastructure problem...I also don't know how close OneBeale would want to be located to a night club either. I personally think OneBeale in itself if dead, but that's not saying the possibility to develop something similar is dead. There's not anything current that I've heard of though.

Extending Beale to the west will also help tie it to South Main, which isn't a bad thing, but I personally think they stand alone and don't need each other to have success.