View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 30, 2020, 3:18 PM

At-grade on Portage would certainly be an interesting challenge. I think the only way to make it work is to stop left turns and close down lots of crossings. Which to me is perfectly fine as I think there's way too many points to turn right now and some parts are so dangerous with blind turns and cars blocking lanes anyway. I'd like to see lots of the smaller opening closed anyway now and only allow turns at signalled intersections. Lots of the Wolesely and West End AT plans call for intersections with Portage to be RIRO anyway.

Grant is totally fine being on-street with queue jumps etc. East of Kenaston there's little traffic and lots of speed. Through RH, there isn't a single light between Superstore a block from Kenaston and Waverley. Through the GP area there is so much space to use, they could easily rework the street layout as there's currently 8 lanes of space and 3 medians for most of it with the access roads. Stafford to Pembina is very fast and has lots of room for expansion too.