View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 24, 2017, 2:28 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnyc View Post
^ that would be nice!

there are supposed to be six residential towers, a school and one office/residential tower, so it could happen that we get a taller building than phase one has.

speaking of this, as the end of phase one is well in sight, has there been any word at all on when phase two starts?

i figured it would be sooner than later, because that is when related starts to make their money back and then the profit $$$.

That's not supposed to happen. The railyards development was given general guidelines of the taller towers being on the eastern half, and that's understandable. That's why I've always considered the western half to be the "Battery Park City" of this development. But Related has been known to push for exceptions to the site planning and guidelines. If there was significantly more money to be made by pushing towers higher, which I'm not sure there would be at this point, I could see them pushing for it. Remember, this is the half where everything is supposed to pay off for Related.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.