View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 27, 2009, 5:36 AM
Needs more coffee...

Quote:
Originally Posted by flar View Post
Landsdale

I often take walks through this neighbourhood - it's one of my favourites for the mix of potential, affordability, and renovations being done. (Those odd-looking flat-roofed semis on Smith Ave have many with recent windows, doors, etc from the outside: that street's also "cut off" from Barton on the one side and has some smaller bungalow-type homes the next street over on Leeming, as well as a few on Wright (that runs parallel to Barton between Leeming and Smith).. I think seeing those two streets in a few years will be quite different judging by the renos I'm seeing on Leeming as well.

About the picture above -- Does anyone know what this building is/was to the left of here? (edit: it's the one you can only see a tiny corner of in this picture, but it's really quite large.)

I have a thought that I saw it up for sale a couple years ago as a former garage, but that could have been another listing

It looks awful from the outside, but there's a couple new windows and a new door -- some parts look like it can't be lived in, but the new parts don't look cheap or like stopgap measures. The mix of neglect and repair is strange.

It certainly has potential though. I love thinking about how places like that can be converted into great living or live/work spaces.

Last edited by emge; Jan 27, 2009 at 2:54 PM. Reason: location, details.