View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 13, 2020, 3:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O View Post
Construction PPE has a different meaning than what we are hearing about lately in regards to medical personal. Construction PPE is a hard hat, safety vest and safety glasses, sometimes ear protection for those working around large, or noisy machinery. It should include masks for those working around dusty work, especially in enclosed spaces. My observation from the construction sites in my neighborhood, and the photos I see online is that very few, if any, construction workers are wearing masks, and they frequently violate social distancing guidelines. It is probably a disaster just waiting to happen. When this is all over, I'm sure there will be studies done that point out that the death toll among construction and other blue collar workers will be significantly higher than their relative percentage of the population.
Agree. Under normal circumstances, the refusal to wear PPE and masks albeit stupid and reckless, usually only affected the individual. But today, that person will come in contact with persons in their path wherever they go, so their recklessness is far more irresponsible than just individual disregard for their own safety, they are showing disregard to the rest of us. I don't understand why there are so many people, including essential workers, who still aren't taking the current situation seriously. Maybe there needs to be some kind of enforcement agency assigned to construction sites that have the power to shut them down if they are not in compliance with the Corona safety guidelines.