View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 23, 2008, 1:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lextx97 View Post
I don't know if this true, and least not yet. I live at the Triangle. It's about 60-70% students and they heavily rely on the city bus and UT-IF route to get around. The students don't need to get beyond MLK and Guadalupe, unless they are going to 6th street or the Warehouse district. I work in the Uptown area and take the bus every so often. Incidently, lots of retail is finally opening at the Triangle and the landscaping is coming along nicely. The foot traffic is really picking up around the development.
Is The Triangle really that many students? If so, I suspect it's a temporary effect due to the fact that dozens of apartment complexes have been demolished in West Campus. There will be new housing for about 6000 students in West Campus as about 10 buildings finish this August; at least 5 buildings will come online in August 2009.

The building in West Campus totally eclipses what's happening downtown by 2x-3x based on occupancy result; it's just that none of the buildings are that high, save 21 Rio.

Part of my disappointment with the rail line on San Jacinto is that it's not close enough to where most students live; of course, bus service is good however.