View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 3, 2023, 5:54 PM
FYHA

Framework @ Block 10

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/bus...o-17869331.php

Quote:
6-story mass-timber project planned in West Houston aims to become example for sustainable office design

Marissa Luck
April 3, 2023

A Houston real estate firm is unveiling plans for an office project in West Houston that would be one of the first mass-timber buildings.

Hicks Ventures is planning to break ground on a 200,000 square-foot fully mass timber office project later this year, in what the company hopes could be a model for a wave of more sustainable office developments in Houston. Hicks also says it believes the building could become a net-zero office, meaning its energy savings would entirely offset its carbon footprint.

“We have plenty of steel and glass boxes (in Houston). I wanted to this to be unique. I wanted it to look cool. And I wanted to be ultra-efficient, and figured this is tip of the spear on the next generation of buildings,” said Patrick Hicks, founder of Hicks Ventures.

Called Framework @ Block 10, the 2.7-acre development would rise at 10496 Old Katy Road, across Interstate 10 from CityCentre and Memorial City. The six-story project would also have a 5,000-square-foot space for restaurants on the ground floor.