View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 25, 2021, 3:10 PM

DNR

It was merely a question about how North Midtown could develop into an exciting and even more distinctive Arts District than ever before, with the growing abundance of stylish new residential developments.[/QUOTE]

I get what you're saying. After all this is Atlanta and demographic changes are happening rapidly all over the city and metro.

Developers may build in one area expecting a certain demographic to take up residence, but a different demographic mix shows up and the vibe changes.

I can remember when Mexican-Americans wouldn't dare walk the streets of downtown Atlanta, but that was then. And we all remember when Midtown was considered strictly gay, or Piedmont Park was off limits to straights unless an event was happening.

How about Atlantic Station being marketed as an alternative to the Buckhead Village, but quickly became an urban destination of city folks. But now it's where suburbanites of all races flock to on the weekends.

So, yes I believe a different vibe will emerge in the Arts District but it may take another 5 years.

Last edited by ATLMidcity; Sep 25, 2021 at 3:22 PM.