View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 8, 2019, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDartmouthMark View Post
Mystery solved?
Hahaha! Well, whaddaya know!? Mark man nice work.....that's awesome. I guess sometimes the answer you're looking for is actually when the building is off hiding in the background. You got a sharp eye. I never would have picked that out as being Morse's. I was suspecting the former roof line of an adjacent building had caused them to leave the south wall that way during the repairs. Going down that road I found this image below dated 1959 and by the looks of it that building beside Morse's was probably there just out of sight in that 1901 image you posted. It's slightly visible in the image looking down Upper Water St. from the 40's as well, which by the way I had no idea that Morse's at one time had a sign on their roof like that. Great pics. So, yeah man...mystery solved! Thanks for that.

Source: HRM Archives - https://gencat1.eloquentsystems.com/...iu2qk1ssp1.jpg

As far as having a higher resolution photo to post that's the only one that I have. There was no digital copy available at the NS Archives so I had to use my phone. Until you straightened the image out I hadn't realized it was as skewed as it was. I thought it maybe had something to do with their photocopy or with with camera equipment of the time. I'm still pretty new to the forums so I'm working on figuring out how I can post some larger images. For now though I zoomed in, cropped, and added some filters to the sign above the door on the north facade. I'm still leaning towards it saying "Canada" on both north and west doors but in all fairness it's hard to tell. If that's what it actually says though then I'm guessing it maybe has something to do with shipping and receiving orders from within the country? Anyone have any thoughts?

Oh yeah, I did a little looking around and with the chrome trim on the back, the tails, and the stripe I think that Gremlin falls between '73-'75. I can tell a first gen Camaro from a mile away (I do love a '69 RS) but my knowledge of the Gremlin is far below the national average, haha!