View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 16, 2007, 7:20 AM
under the influence...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarcje View Post
Looks like The manila metro is very very Booming
I would definitely agree. I just came back from 3 weeks in the P.I. myself. Spent a lot of time up north in Pampanga and Tarloc with family and friends, but also spent a week in Makati and Manila. Here are a few of my own pics I'd like to share.

View from our first room at the Makati Shangri-La:

The view from our room during our outbound stay at the Shangri-La, this time from the other side of the hotel.

A street in the Intramuros section of Manila, an incredible area. Before spending the day here, I had the impression that it was going to be 'touristy' and packaged, but it's quite the opposite. It is a living, breathing area in the city, complete with traffic, stores, colleges, homes, and tons of people.

A view from along the wall, by the base of the old watch tower.

These 2 images are of Casa Manila, a restored Spanish home in the Intramuros:

Pics from along Manila bay. There are a lot of cranes at work along Roxas Blvd. It seems to me that there is at least as much activity around the bay as there is in Makati; by my count there were at least 6 cranes at work.

The World Pyro Olympics (fireworks competition) was scheduled at the same time last week (that night was China and the Philippines), so the traffic along Roxas was especially crazy.

A shot of my girlfriend, with the Golden Empire tower in the background:

And of course, how can you forget the lovely Manila Bay sunset:

I'll be posting more pics as I download them from my other camera.