View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 24, 2010, 10:52 AM

^^^ I didn't realize until you mentioned it that he is standing up in that car. Actually, I realize now that I accidentally also have one of my street lights going through the hood of his car. I suspect if he were here he would feel somewhat violated by this project.

DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

Right now I am wrapping up Volksheim. I still must design 10 city blocks and add street lamps and road detail to the rest of the project, add minor touches throughout, and create the New Babylon Expressway elevated auto viaduct.

The viaduct will continue travelling East, passing the Science Department HQ and Health & Education Administration HQ centres. The Department of Public Works & Corrections and attached detention facilities must still be built soon; but what I am really excited about is a new transit hub.

A canal just north of the Volksheim district will allow ships to travel inland. An airport will be built on an artificial island adjacent to it. The hub will connect air and sea with the regional highway and inter-city monorail. The monorail will offer connections to the entire inner city as it develops, and immediate service to the nearby East-West rail line. This hub will be the site of a large retail district:

Meanwhile, I have completed the intro sequence for my propaganda video, which adds an extra 3 minutes to the beginning of the animation sequence which I shared previously. The next big video release will add another 7 minutes of actual 3-D rendering to the end of this:

Update: original video removed. Most recent video rendering is located later in this thread.

PLOT UPDATE

Since the beginning of the project, I've been trying to figure out where I was going with it in terms of plot. I've finally settled on the official cover story.

This fictional World Capitol is the result of an alternative historical timeline. In my fictional universe, Ancient Egypt and Babylon were allied Empires. Greece and Rome were also allies. By 1,000 AD, the Egypt-Babylonian Empire and Greek-Roman Empire had united to form a unified Western Civilization.

Meanwhile, the eastern civilizations unified. By the dawn of the 20th century, the United States dominated North and South America. Greater Germania dominated Africa, the Middle East, and Europe. The U.S.S.R. controlled all of Asia and the Pacific.

The age of reason had emerged sooner, allowing the various world Nations to enjoy relative peace for thousands of years. In 1908, leaders of the U.S.S.R. and Germania met for the purpose of merging their governments to form an Empire known as New Babylon. The United States remained separate, but allied. At that point, the United States represented all of North, Central, South America, and Australia, while New Babylon represented all other Earth Continents.

The event was celebrated with what was touted as the largest building project in the history of humanity: The creation of a new supercity intended to serve as the seat of Civilization.

The project itself is intended to combine four distinct stylistic elements: Soviet Russia, Nazi Germany, the United States, and a mix of Orwellian and Biblical style portrayals of global government. The project begins in 1908, and will end with its completion in the present day.

It is my goal to eventually write a work of poltiical fiction/allegory potentially based on this fictional universe (in whatever form it ultimately takes) in years to come.

Last edited by JHoward88; Aug 8, 2010 at 7:56 AM.