View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 8, 2011, 3:40 AM

A page earlier I read a post on a never built building by South Street that wasn't built, but was mentioned in a post. I am going to give you a bit more information. The building was to be called 80 South Street, would have had been designed by Calatrava, was supposed to have rose to 1,123 feet with the spire, the roof height would have had been 826 feet, and it would have had been a residential, office, and museum building, but it wasn't built due to economic problems. One of the reason was the building had multiple boxes, and if you were to by it you would have to by the whole box which would have had cost millions of dollars. Though this is a great topic for a never built building so I am going to make a thread on this building sometime later.

Here is a picture:

On another note I am stunned, and appalled that they are getting rid of the current Pier 17 Mall. I have had been there before. It's historical, beautiful, and interesting, and I would hate for it to go. Why don't they extend the pier, and just move the current Pier 17 Mall up there, and connect both the historical, and the modern building together.

Last edited by Roadcruiser1; Jan 8, 2011 at 4:30 AM.