View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 7, 2019, 11:54 AM
My Mind Has Left My Body

Glad that Lightfoot seems to get it. If Illinois was left to be on the hook for this underperforming transit center it could derail PT in the city and region for decades. We can't waste valuable resources on this hot mess of an idea.

Quote:
https://www.chicagoreporter.com/lori...ield-surprise/

Lori Lightfoot blasts One Central’s Springfield surprise
Chicago’s new mayor criticized developer Bob Dunn for slipping authorization for $5 billion into the state capital budget for a giant new transit hub next to Soldier Field.
By Headshot of Curtis Black Curtis Black | 46 mins ago

......In a brief meeting Wednesday, Mayor Lori Lightfoot blasted developer Bob Dunn for slipping authorization for $5 billion into the state capital budget for his One Central development without consulting local legislators.

That money is for a giant new transit hub next to Soldier Field, which would provide the structural support for Dunn’s $20 billion residential and commercial development over Metra train tracks.

“I don’t like the way that they are conducting themselves,” Lightfoot told the Sun-Times, adding that she isn’t sure “it would be a city priority to have a transportation hub in that location.” With a huge backlog of transit repairs, she said, “I’m not sure that’s where we should be spending limited resources.”........