View Single Post
Old Posted May 2, 2011, 4:18 AM
Making hell of a noise...

Here ya go! Hope it isn't too lengthy...

Quote:
You have been requested to be interviewed for the following thread:

Getting To Know Your Skyscraperpage Photographers

If you wish to participate please answer the following questions and either PM them back to me or post them in the thread linked above.

What are you shooting with and what would you like to shoot with?

I'm shooting with an EOS 7D. Coupled with a 10-22mm, 24-70mm, 100-400mm and 055CXPRO3 Manfrotto Tripod. I shoot all kinds of styles and subjects ranging from sports to still life - an all rounder.

If you could sum up your style in one photograph what photo would it be?

It's hard to summarise one photo as I keep experimenting new techniques and shooting styles ranging from all subjects and walks of life every time I shoot. But I think until recently, surrealism art has caught my attention. And I think, a third eye view would be great; I guess is up to the public to decide what photo it would be. :p

Talk about your inspirations and influences.

Everything and anything that catches my attention and interest me is already my eye of influence.

I've never been schooled for photography or read anything about it. It's a self-taught adventure for me.

It's not until recently I got myself caught up in landscape photography. Everybody thinks that Singapore is nothing but an urban jungle which I disagree. It's a garden city, and some places not many people know about. And I wish to showcase these places of 'mundane' interests like parks, shipyards, deserted/rural parts and forested areas with water banks, seas and rivers - all away from the city area.

Surrealism in the works of Salvador Dali has taught me that a certain place or landscape can be imaginary or somewhat 'fictional'. I yearned that my photos has to tell viewers that this particular place of interest is, well... 'more than just a place of interest' - because of either colour, lighting, the play of sunrays, or the way the subject(s) stand out in the scene, which has to establish an imaginary feel, you know that sorta thing. Of course you do not literally see melting clocks in my photos but you get the idea... It's sort of a reciprocated idea borrowed and translated into photography.

With Dali's inspirations my photos only work best within the 'golden hour' of sunrise or sunset to achieve this effect. Wide range of filters were customized and the strong yet carefully subtle use of DRI/HDR (never ever, overedited) manually blended to further reflect this inspired idea from Dali.

Reflections in the water also play an important role in surrealism photography... Photographers must not see water as water itself, but rather like a never ending mirror to reflect what's above as if there are duplicates of this place of interest.

In SSP, there are photographers whom I also draw inspirations from, like bulliver, hydrogen, photolitherland, Witty Nickname, sekkle, giallo and many others who I didn't forget but too much good photographers here.

Where have you not been that you want to photograph?

Everywhere else. There are so many things that I wish to explore and look around. There's limitless amount of beauty in this World.

If only I had money...

Talk about your most popular (in your opinion) photothreads.

The Caught in the Act thread I thought it was pretty good concept. IamHydrogen's thread about Chicago has also caught my attention as well.

Talk about your photothreads that didn't get the response you wanted.

Hmm, I didn't post much photothreads in SSP, so I can't directly answer this question... Sorry.

Any tips or personal wisdom you'd like to pass on to others?

It's a photographer's job to make the most mundane looking of all places into something beautiful.

So just don't think too much, open your eyes, be clear about what you want to photograph and ask yourself; what in this scene interests you? What do you want to tell the viewers? What do you want them to appreciate? The dead tree? The reflection of water? The sky? Extraordinary out of the ordinary, what if you could combine these elements and tell a story? Settle those in mind, and we can start shooting.

Who should we ask these questions of next?

Photolitherland & bulliver.

Last edited by SomeFormOFhuman; May 3, 2011 at 1:43 PM.