View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 15, 2018, 7:33 PM
Resident Moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcbrickley View Post
I know of a couple people who live there who are not in school. I lived there briefly when my unit at Milago was 3 months behind the anticipated closing date back in 2006. Trust me, if you are over the age of 24, they think you are 100 years old....and think it is creepy that you live there among them. I was single, and quickly learned not to divulge my age to anyone. Fun summer, but I wouldn't do it again.....i think.
I have a couple of friends in their 30s that still live in some off-campus co-op housing and they all *hate* it. They like living in co-ops because they are weird.. but then are surprised when people are throwing up outside their window at 3AM or stumbling home drunk singing our shouting really loudly. Most of the "stuff to do" is student specials. Cheap, plentiful fast and bad. Bars all cater to the fake-ID crowd. I *loved* campus when I went to Texas. You could not pay me to hang out anywhere near campus after a game anymore. I promptly go South of MLK and hang out with the old farts.

I don't think you are going to get young professional to want to live there beyond the age of 24-25 at the most.

I remember when I was a student there were all-night ravers above my best friends house. We went up there at like 3AM one night to tell them to turn it down and there were 3 naked dudes all huddled in the corner on all of the drugs looking terrified. And my friends landlord did *nothing* about it. Couches being burned at giant ragers from co-ops, etc. West Campus is what it is :p