View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 27, 2017, 4:23 PM

Renovations Coming to Historic Robins Theatre in Downtown Warren:
Source: TribToday

Developer Mark Marvins has purchased the historic Robins Theatre in Downtown Warren for $375,000. He plans to reopen the theater and turn the building into an entertainment hub. Marvins has already converted several other Downtown Warren buildings into luxury apartments and retail space. The estimated cost to reopen the 1,500 seat theater is between $5 million and $7 million. He hopes to use the theater for plays, concerts, comedy shows, and movies. The current retail and office tenants will remain in the building. Marvin hopes this project will bring more people Downtown and increase foot traffic in the neighborhood.

The exterior of Robins Theatre:

Mahoning Building Renovations:
Because we are talking about Mark Marvin's projects in Downtown Warren, let's take a look at the Mahoning Building. The $2 million renovation project brought 4 luxury apartments to the 5th and 6th floors and a penthouse on the seventh floor. The apartments are not for rent, and two of the one bedroom units are listed at $175,000 on Realtor. The building is a desirable place to live due to the neighborhood's walkability to shops and restaurants, and the close proximity to Courthouse Square and the parks along the Mahoning River.

The exterior of the Mahoning Building:

Inside one of the $175,000 one bedroom units:

It appears that Marvin is having trouble selling these units, which is no suprise to me. They seem very overpriced for one bedroom units in a city like Warren. They should be around $100,000 if he expects to sell them. I think renting them would make more sense, and I hope he goes this route with his future apartment projects in Downtown Warren.

Last edited by Dblcut3; Dec 27, 2017 at 4:49 PM.