View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 10, 2004, 3:23 PM
Me?!?

Thank God, 'cause Middletown really needs some help. My grandparents live there so I am there enough, and I have grown to hate the place. Lots of potential but very depressing in its current state. Not so much from looks because it is well kept, but in regards to the whole vibe of the town.

It is open to non-residents so maybe I will attend one of the meetings and throw in my $.02. Middletown is Dauphin County's oldest settlement, so it should be held (and kept) to the highest standards IMO.

Meetings series to promote Middletown development

Thursday, June 10, 2004
From staff reports

The Greater Middletown Economic Development Corporation is asking borough and nonborough residents of all ages to attend a series of meetings to discuss the revitalization of the area.

The focus of the work is for designation of Middletown as a Main Street community, which the organization believes will help stimulate the area.

Facilitators from the Pennsylvania Downtown Center will be leading public meetings on June 16, July 22, Aug. 18, Sept. 20 and Oct. 20 at the Middletown Area High School cafeteria.

For information, call Arthur Morris at 394-2054.