View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 27, 2013, 8:48 PM

1943/44 Columbia Starlets?

One of my "specialties" is obscure B starlets of the 40's and I even I can say that all but one here look only vaguely familiar or not familiar at all. The sporty-looking beauty with the scarf in her hair, third from the left, looks very much like Columbia starlet and fashion model Dusty Anderson. Dusty was in Columbia's "Cover Girl," had a prominent role in "A Thousand and One Nights" (both were made in or around 1944), and married director Jean Negulesco.

Interesting to think that all of the major studios had many dozens of beautiful young women like these under short-term contract to populate those musical numbers and scenes set in nightclubs, hotel lobbies and swimming pools, sorority houses etc. Few went beyond a handful of mostly uncredited cameos and walk-ons. Gorgeous Dusty Anderson, already a successful model with a vivacious personality, "married well" and was the exception, although her career in movies was brief and her roles were minor. According to Wikipedia, she is still alive at age 94.

Last edited by JeffDiego; Oct 28, 2013 at 6:15 AM.