View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 7, 2019, 3:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edale View Post
Oh yeah, Cincinnati is definitely a Midwestern city with some cultural influences from the South, and some architectural influences from the Northeast. I've always gotten purely Midwestern vibes from Cleveland, and I'm not really sure what about it makes it feel Eastern. If it's just the cultural influences from the immigrants they've received over the years, then I guess Detroit and Chicago are also not Midwestern. From the architecture to the accent to the layout of the city...it's Great Lakes Midwest through and through.
Yeah, I would never suggest that Cleveland feels like it fits right in on the east coast or anything. Just that it is more like upstate NY and western PA than it is like Columbus or other areas in the more "midwestern" part of Ohio.

Also, what are these "architectural influences from the Northeast" that Cincinnati has? And that additionally brings up the question of where does Cleveland get its architectural influences from? I'll answer the second one... from the Northeast.