View Single Post
Old Posted May 19, 2022, 3:32 PM

I would have said LRT but I am not so sure now. Winnipeg should already have a great BRT system, we should be a showcase city for modern bus systems and BRT considering we have new flyer here.

I think we should work on actually having an excellent and modern BRT system. We should avoid at all costs putting trams/LRT on the street. Putting a tram at grade is not what we want to do if we want rapid transit. If you want to replace BRT then you should replace it with something just as fast or faster. Putting an LRT at grade will not do that.

The only way I would really support building an LRT is if was entirely or mostly grade separated and high platform. That it was meant to run as much like a metro as possible. We should avoid these low floor tram/lrt projects that run at grade.

What I would really like to see is rail system like the Vancouver skytrain. A light metro system. I think Winnipeg is a good candidate for such a system. We need to build a system looking at what the population will be like in 20,30 years down the road.