View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 5, 2018, 6:12 PM
Fizzix geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Well, so much for the community garden.

Seriously though, as a healthcare professional, this is the only way to go. The VGH was already an old hospital when I was a medical student there, and I'm 61 years old now!!!

All tertiary services should be in a single location - no question.

a $2B project!! Wow. I knew when they eventually did this the cost would be well north of a billion, but I didn't think it would be as much as two billion. No wonder they're going for a triple-P model for construction.........
It has been very interesting to see how this has all played out on the ground as well. Ultimately it clearly will be a very good thing, and it is absolutely the right thing to do to have all these tertiary level services centralized. But boy... it is going to be a challenge keeping things running smoothly while it all plays out. Operating a hospital while you are building a hospital around it is making for some interesting challenges. We are already getting a taste of it with all the redevelopment that is already taking place within the current footprint (moving the interventional suites etc) in anticipation of the bigger scale new footprint work that was announced. As you and I both know, Monctonrad, a healthcare system change on this scale is going to be interesting!