View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 20, 2018, 4:02 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'homard View Post
For the love of God, for $2.50 I can get chauffered to the events centre on a city bus in less than one hour with wifi included. A taxi home afterwards costs 15 bucks.
My God, how will I ever survive?
Codiac Transit in my neighbourhood is infrequent, inconvenient, and requires transfers to get downtown. If I miss the bus, I would likely miss the concert. A taxi ride home isn't too much of a hardship once in a while, but it could be a major expense for a Wildcats season ticket holder, especially if they live on a fixed income. Also, for a major concert, there could be 10,000 people exiting the events centre all at once. How many taxis are there in the city???

I certainly didn't expect (or want) an attached parking garage on the back end of the events centre. The new Hyatt Hotel across the street from the events centre is certainly a better use of land too. There is however a lot of vacant land across the CN tracks to the south of the events centre. This is where a parking facility should have been built.

Moncton is a low density, sprawling municipality. While I certainly hope for increased densification and intensification in the core, this will take some time to accomplish and the needs of the 80% of events centre customers who live beyond reasonable walking distance from the facility have to be taken into consideration. All we are asking for is parking at a reasonable price, within a reasonable distance of the events centre in a certified boot-free parking lot.