View Single Post
Old Posted May 6, 2013, 1:59 AM
Exiled Hamiltonian Gal

I think I see St. Catherines there, but not Niagara falls.

Found this though:
Quote:
Originally Posted by flar View Post
Not exactly showing the Hamilton skyline, but shows that you can see Niagara Falls from Hamilton. Somewhere there must be a vantage point where you could get both skylines in.

This is a shot from the Niagara Escarpment in Burlington, you can see Niagara Falls and what I think is HSBC in Buffalo sticking up on the right side of the horizon. Burlington is in the foreground.

If you turn your view to the left in the above picture, you can see Burlington, Mississauga and Toronto. Hamilton is to the right but obscured by trees.

If you go to the high ridge on the Niagara Peninsula near Fonthill, Ontario, you can see both Lake Ontario and Lake Erie, Toronto, Buffalo and Niagara Falls. Hamilton is hidden by the Escarpment from there because its downtown is below the Escarpment. For the same reason, you can't see Hamilton from the towers in Niagara Falls and Buffalo.

This view from Buffalo city hall shows how close Buffalo and Niagara Falls are. Again, if Hamilton's downtown were above the Escarpment, it would be easily visible from here as well, just off the left of the frame.

Last edited by Beedok; May 6, 2013 at 2:11 AM.