View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 20, 2008, 3:07 AM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanactivistTX View Post
Much agreed... the Green Line is going to do worlds for the city's "urban feel"... just in the permanent segment through Victory alone. I haven't been up to downtown Dallas in about three years, so it was great to see the transformation in progress. The city now looks HUGE... in some ways it looks and feels much larger than Houston just b/c it's becoming so compact. For my personal taste though, it was just too clean... Turtle Creek I would expect to be that way, but OakLawn, downtown, Victory, and Uptown were just too immaculate to feel like a Texas city. I'm sure that Dallas has it's fare share of city grit and shady areas, but they can be tough to find for a visitor.
That's interesting that's it's "too clean". I know a lot of people around the country feel the same way when a city is so clean that it can seem sterile. I guess I like it clean, though, and I'm really disgusted when I travel around the country and see so few cities that are not trashed out. Every state has its share. Speaking of clean...Plano, the northern suburb of Dallas (I think the population is 100,000 or so; not sure), is so clean that you can drive for 8or 10 miles through the city and not see a single piece of litter. It doesn't look real. I like that, but a lot of people wouldn't like it.