View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 19, 2008, 3:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLA View Post
You gotta love Dallas, but for me only during the fall/winter months. Thanks for the photos, the city is looking good. I love too how quickly they get things done in that city. Also I can't wait for the Green Line to open to Pleasant Grove, then I won't have to catch a bus to downtown anymore when I visit.
Much agreed... the Green Line is going to do worlds for the city's "urban feel"... just in the permanent segment through Victory alone. I haven't been up to downtown Dallas in about three years, so it was great to see the transformation in progress. The city now looks HUGE... in some ways it looks and feels much larger than Houston just b/c it's becoming so compact. For my personal taste though, it was just too clean... Turtle Creek I would expect to be that way, but OakLawn, downtown, Victory, and Uptown were just too immaculate to feel like a Texas city. I'm sure that Dallas has it's fare share of city grit and shady areas, but they can be tough to find for a visitor.

For politics, check out my blog Texas Leftist