View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 6, 2016, 7:28 AM

Exclusive: Goff, Crescent Real Estate buy luxury Uptown hotel; $30M in upgrades planned
Candace Carlisle
July 5, 2016

Quote:
Billionaire John Goff and Fort Worth-based Crescent Real Estate LLC has closed on one of Dallas' ultra-luxurious hotels in Uptown, with plans to spend $30 million in upgrades.
Quote:
The real estate magnate and Crescent acquired the Rosewood Crescent hotel through a recently established invitation-only real estate fund, called GP Invitation Fund I, with an investment capacity of $4 billion.

"Hotel Crescent Court is a timeless and iconic asset in the best location in Dallas," said Goff in a written statement. "I believe this is a very unique opportunity — one of which I have a personal passion."

This is a return home for Goff, a longtime Uptown developer that was previously an owner of the hotel in the early 1990s. As part of the ownership group's return, the new ownership group plans to return the hotel to its historic name, Hotel Crescent Court.

Hotel Crescent Court anchors The Crescent, an 11-acre mixed-use development in Uptown that is in the midst of its own $33 million transformation.
Quote:
The development includes the 220-room hotel (29 of which are suites), Nobu restaurant and a 22,000-square-foot space. Hotel Crescent Court also include The Crescent Club.

The $30 million in upgrades is planned to include renovations to guest rooms, meeting and banquet spaces, the spa and to improve the hotel's customer service. Dallas-based waldrop+nichols studio is the project's interior designer.

Upon completion, Goff said the Hotel Crescent Court will offer the amenities of a newly built hotel with the classic design associated with the Texas landmark.
Full Article