View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 17, 2019, 5:40 AM
Fourth and Main

Projects & Construction:
I want to thank the photographers and local businesses, sharing updates on projects, who make this thread possible. Without you, these updates won't happen. All of us, including me, who live outside Winston-Salem are very thankful! This allows us to see the changes happening.

Are you ready for another new brewery! More apartments! Maybe a new tower crane on the skyline! This is a great update!

Video Link

Hotel Indigo:

Credit: reubenrink

Our first look at the restaurant kitchen, located in the new expansion below the new stair tower:

Credit: sethnelsonnc

Cleaning the kitchen to prepare for cooking:

Credit: chef.swing

Courtyard by Marriott - Downtown:

Credit: vincerabil

Merschel Park:

This is both the Crawford Condominiums site and the Merschel Park site:

Credit: vincerabil

One 77:
zalo, at the WSTB Forum, found this proposal. It's a new apartment building with retail, bike storage, and parking under the apartments. This developer would like to build a possible second apartment building, across the street, when this building is completed. 7M Ventures is the developer and Tate Architecture is the architect.

Credit: City of Winston-Salem

First Baptist Church Renovation:

Credit: winstonsalemchamber

Bowman Gray Stadium Renovation:
The city has approved funding to upgrade the football field, the seats, and many other items in the Art Deco football stadium.

Development Opportunity:
Goler Memorial A.M.E. Zion Church is for sale. This church is located in downtown's IQ District, surrounded by biotech offices, tech company headquarters, university classrooms, and apartments. From what I've heard and read, it appears as if the church is closing and selling all of their property? There are a few offers. It would make an awesome performing arts venue, live music venue, an interesting brewery or could be converted into office space or residences or another church could buy it. Historic tax credits are available. I would like to see the church restored and the newer building demolished for something more urban. If you're interested in reusing this beautiful historic church, call: (336) 724-1715 It's over a century old and the asking price for the entire site, including two buildings and an open space, is $3.5 million. I'm guessing the development team building the tech company offices will likely make an offer to land bank it? They work to acquire any blocks that become available in their innovation district. If so, they may restore it and build new structures around it? I guess we shall see what happens. Make an offer, if you're interested.

Church for sale:

Credit: winston_360

Brouwerij DuBois:
Winston-Salem's next craft brewery will be Brouwerij DuBois. Yes, another craft brewery! Brouwerij is "brewery" and DuBois is the last name of the brewery's owner. He moved to Winston-Salem from the Midwest. Winston-Salem is already gaining some national attention as a craft beer city! It's exciting to see another craft brewery on-the-way.

Bailey South:

An early morning view:

Credit: joe_the_runner

Liberty Park:
The city has agreed to give money toward construction costs for this new park. It will create a grand entrance into the city's new downtown science museum.

Twin City Motors Building Adaptive-reuse:
Not much progress on this proposed conversion of a former Model-T Ford factory and showroom into a new live music venue.

Credit: lettersfromwinston

Oliver Cycling Park:
The city has agreed to purchase an old Federal Courthouse adjacent to the park. The former courthouse will be demolished to expand the proposed cycling park.

Main & Third:

The new tower crane was installed at the site, yesterday:

Credit: heedesoutheast

Alternative Transportation:

Transit, Bike, & Pedestrian Improvements:
The city of Winston-Salem has approved spending millions for sidewalks, bike lanes, and improved crosswalks.

Your City