View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 29, 2019, 1:36 PM

I like the design of the revised Stanza over the original. It doesn't look something out of the 80's architecturally. I do wonder if Nashville is the type of market for a communal style hotel. A friends son recently stayed in the Pod in Time Square and he said it was significantly smaller than his dorm room. He was in a room that had one set of bunk beds and a bath that was he said was about the size of a bath you'd find in an average room on a cruise ship. He honestly didn't think the cost was that much cheaper than standard sized rooms in NYC. But his friends decided on the hotel. I travel to NYC several times a year so I decided to check the Pods rates in Time Square and he's right. The 115 square foot room with bunk beds and a bath was $270. I've stayed in Marriott and Hilton brand hotels in that area for less. All with king sized beds, sitting areas and decent sized bathrooms. I've come to expect in certain parts of NYC that hotel rooms will run smaller, but 115 sq ft? That's smaller than my master bedroom walk-in closet. But I guess there's a niche market for everything these days.