View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 30, 2019, 8:23 PM
disneypilled verhoevenist

streets and sidewalks - i live just one block beyond the edge of the pre-war metropolitan grid, on a mid mod street in a suburb founded before world war one, so there's some inconsistencies i'd love to smooth out. much of the pre-1940 area has nice sidewalks with nice wide chicago/great lakes/beverly hills style tree-lawns (wider than st. louis city proper) which i'd love to see everywhere. my block itself has one curb-hugging sidewalk in front of my house...i'd prefer a tree lawn. there's a lot of funky dead ends, semi-private streets, and proto cul-de-sacs which i'm conflicted about...on one hand the neighborhood kids love to play roller hockey on these half-closed off streets, but there's a boulevard with a big cypress shaded neutral ground at the end of the hill that dead ends into a bunch of boulders and trees, and the street starts up right on the other side. a lot of that just needs to be fixed.

transit - there are some underground light rail stops in my suburb, i'd like to see another line though, i'd like to see more frequent headways on bus lines, and a dumb heritage trolley replaced with a low floor skoda that would run from one end of the boulevard near my house down into the city proper to forest park. it currently ends at the end of a 1920s comerrcial district and doesn't extend down through the pre-war neighborhood beyond it stretching away from the city.

i live a few blocks from a 1920s/1930s low rise mini-commercial node that could use some minor infill. there's a pad starbucks on a corner that is opposite mixed use commercial storefronts two different directions that must die.