Thread: Winnipeg Ice
View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 3, 2021, 6:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags_in_the_peg View Post
I’ve heard a proposal of building a WHL rink attached to a local Community Club who already has 2 rinks. Won’t mention the name as it was only a proposal. It would go where 3 ball diamonds are and new home for them would need to be found.
Curious as to how that might work as every community club with indoor rinks I can think of is firmly embedded in residential neighbourhoods where people would go ballistic if you told them there was going to be a 5,000 seat WHL arena under construction across the street from their driveway.

That said, between all the various players in Winnipeg who would be interested in getting a rink built you would think there'd be someone that 50 Below S&E could partner up with to get it done. It's too bad that The Rink plan in the RM of Macdonald fell through as it could have been good provided that the traffic situation was worked out.

Either way they have to get something done if the franchise is going to stay here... I don't know how the ICE can keep going over the long term when you have teams playing in front of thousands of people in big barns while our guys play in front of 800 people at the U of M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags_in_the_peg View Post
Ice having Lambos & Savoie & Mcglennon all future NHl’rs should aid in attendance.
The team is amazing to watch, they are first rate. They look like championship material this season.