Thread: Halifax Retail
View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 8, 2022, 6:09 PM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone123 View Post
That rendering has been around for a number of years (note the small addition up the hill, now a proposed tower site). I wonder if this is how the renos will look?

I think Scotia Square has a lot of problems but is also kind of underrated as it has some interesting aspects that get little or no love. That Duke Street facade could be OK and Barrington tower is OK, while it's partly Cogswell that drags down the area.
I think this would be a much better use of Scotia Square. The Bell Aliant space in there never seemed 100% used from when I worked there. Super high ceilings, sprawling floorplan. I assume Winners will be taking over some of that space and Duke St. will feel more lively as a result.

I think Duke would also benefit from a bit of a trimming down & greening up as well. Realistically it could be 1 lane each way with some loading/taxi bays. Right now it's got that Quinpool thing going on - is kind of 4 lanes but isn't really. Aside from busses, I don't think it's much of a traffic route either.