View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 26, 2018, 7:02 PM
Transit Advocate

I live in SLC and like Hatman I would take the Boise Greenbelt and a real river and put it in SLC. Also Boise offers a strong local culture and every time I've been there I enjoyed the farmers market downtown and the strong sense of cohesive community. People out doing things Downtown Boise is far more active than Downtown SLC by a lot of metrics.

Denver: There is a strong presence of historic buildings and especially the urban parks like Washington, Cheesman and City Park.

I honestly can't think of ANYTHING either Denver or Boise would want to import from SLC... Maybe the closeness of Ski resorts and canyon/public land access but SLC gets the ass end of every comparison to those cities. Our large city blocks and wide streets make pedestrian spaces uninviting, much of our historic core has been destroyed numerous times.

Oh wait.... Okay SLC kicks ass with airport access. I fly from SLC to Denver and our HQ is in Lakewood\Golden and it literally takes a whole effin day to negotiate from SLC to Golden by plane... No lie 6 hours travel time by the time I eff around with the shitty car rental shuttle situation at DIA and then travel across the Metro I can drive it in 8. DIA is the worst airport I've been to, ever. I could use public transit and I might try it next time, but I'm still guessing a metric shit ton of time to get from DIA to Lakewood. I will try it next time, I'd rather use transit anyway but being stuck in Lakewood without a car just isn't appealing.