View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 17, 2011, 3:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centropolis View Post
Most midwesterners consider the midwest to end along the Ozarks in Missouri, which isn't too far south and southwest of St. Louis, and somewhere not to far south of KC. I'd have to agree with them, as I start seeing cowboy hats, etc, and the climate starts noticeably shifting in Missouri - deeply hot summers and somewhat frequent mildish winter days here and there. Most people around here and east/north would lump Oklahoma in with Texas as being south-central or southern plains.

I'd agree with that map with the caveat that far SE Missouri is Dixie. The Ozarks are more like Appalachia.
This map is basically correct. I have lived in Michigan my entire life and traveled extensively. Michigan is in the midwest and Detroit is a Midwestern city. You can basically say any state with a college in Big 10 country is the Midwest. lol. So Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Minnesota Missouri and maybe the Dakotas. The only one that I would not include is Pennsylvania. Anything west of that is the West. Anything south is the South. lol. Oh, and Kansas.

Last edited by Guiltyspark; Dec 18, 2011 at 5:03 AM. Reason: Forgot Kansas.