Thread: My Los Ángeles
View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 4, 2020, 3:41 AM

Thanks for the comments!

ChrisLA and LA21st, I'm glad you're staying safe, and doing your part to keep everyone safe too. My partner and I have been staying home as much as we can, but maybe for the past month or so, we've been venturing out. We try to avoid large crowds, and we make sure we wear our masks when we go out. Lately we've been dining out at places that offer outdoor seating... we try not to do that too much, but we admit that it gives us a feeling of things being somewhat back to normal.

That being said, we went out to lunch yesterday and did a little bit of hiking; we were nervous at first because the area we ate at was kind of crowded and it was the first time we did the sidewalk dining with large groups of pedestrians walking by often (last week we did sidewalk dining for the very first time but there weren't very many pedestrians walking around), but for the most part people were behaving with the physical distancing, and most people were masked (except people eating, of course). Up until now, we had been eating at restaurants with their own patios, so it's not like a parade of people were walking by us constantly.

That being said, here are some pictures I took of my Sunday, taken August 2, 2020. Out and about.

I've never had fried avocados before; I've always wondered what that would be like.

Ciders.

For lunch we had salads. My partner had the salmon and mixed green salad.

I had the baby black kale and quinoa salad.

The marine layer started coming in. I guess that's what keeps the Palos Verdes, verde. Of course it's really verde in the winter and spring because of the rain we get during that period, and in the spring it's a color of wildflowers, on top of the verde.

Drove to another part of the peninsula. The marine layer had really set in.

My car is the little economy hatchback in the middle.

~ Charles Bukowski

Last edited by sopas ej; Aug 4, 2020 at 4:52 AM.