Thread: PhoenixMart
View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 1, 2018, 4:55 PM

Hello All,

I had a computer crash a while back and never got this forum back in my bookmarks (sorry!).

Anyways, yes - as it has been for the last few years - this project is VERY up and down - as is the way with somewhat cash starved projects.

BUT, the current official word is that the city should be done about now reviewing their revised interior plans - probably toned down a bit, and the sewer extension project required in a joint venture with the city is still moving ahead.

As someone mentioned they did just purchase (or signed an agreement to purchase) 1200 Photo Voltaic air conditioners from a Chinese company. It would not surprise me if the owner of that company is an investor in PM, and this is a way to help get more cash invested.

There is a 1 million dollar lien on the project from their cement company claiming lack of payment - but it was a 5 million dollar total project so it isn't like they didn't get anything at all - and liens are somewhat common in this world.

There ARE some background things going on (not public yet) that should help the PM cash position - but who knows at this point for sure how this will all play out.

The EB-5 program problems (not specific to PM at all) definitely put a hitch in their financing plans - and been tough to recover completely for sure.

BUT, I still hold out hope for eventual completion.