View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 15, 2020, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post
That's relevant. I'm on board with the political necessities to give coverage to enough places to win funding. This is one of the reasons why, in our re-imagined FasTracks, I wanted to talk about where we might end the two lines that go to Aurora.
The Dirt is partly right in that I can't let you write All The Rules but I can come close enough.

With respect to the G (Gold) Line I would have had Phase One construction stop at Olde Town Arvada. Instead I'd add a (Phase One) segment of the N Line (only) up to 104 Ave.

From my "Third Priority" I'd still include the H Line extension to add the Iliff Station and ending at the Florida Station.

I'd still do the Parker Road to E. Iliff segment to the (new) Iliff station east of I-225.

Note: Leetsdale becomes Parker Rd at So Quebec St. which is where Denver turns into unincorporated Arapahoe County (and not Aurora) and in Cherry Creek School Dist. That area to the south called Indian Creek as well as the area east of Parker Rd has solid (urban-suburban) density. Turning east on Iliff ave (at Parker) which is Aurora, would also run through solid density whereas Parker Rd SE of Peoria St would be 7-lane light rail unfriendly.

At the end of Phase One, RTD should still have ~$1 billion to play with plus any additional FTA grants.

Next, I have RTD offer City of Denver a 50-50 split of costs for a Colorado Blvd LRT from the Colorado Station on the south up to the A Line 40th Street Station.

Similarly, RTD should offer Westminster a 50-50 cost sharing to extend the B Line up to the new Westminster downtown at U.S. 36.