View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 24, 2015, 5:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljackey View Post
Just looked at all the pics in this thread.

As expected, this project is a very drastic change on the road and the surrounding area. So much time, money and effort has been put into it, and it's had it's fair share of positive and negative news stories.

It's been under construction for so long that I'm sure some of us won't actually be able to believe the road is actually open.

Hopefully it won't be a road to nowhere for long. With this project winding down, work on the bridge should pick up. There's a lot of workers about to have their contracts end, so there's lots to hire to build the bridge!
It's already not a road to nowhere. It provides a more efficient route to the Ambassador bridge, bypassing seven stoplights. Only the part between Labelle street and Ojibway parkway will be a road to nowhere.

The target date for the bridge is 2020. If we go by the experience for the parkway and add on an extra year to allow for a major screw-up that's six years of road to nowhere.

When all is said and done I plan to do a retrospective video showing the transition over time at all the vantage points I recorded. In the meantime, I'll do another video of the newly opened section in July.

I haven't heard any reports of flooding so I assume the drainage systems withstood that massive storm last night. Nothing like a live experiment to make sure everything works.