View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 7, 2008, 9:34 PM
On Guard For Thee

markbarbera--I wasn't drawing paralells at all--I was drawing attention to the fact that the operators of shopping centres have a "fear" of this sort of thing--and that drives some of the decisions they make. The Mall of Memphis link was an afterthought, not the thrust of my argument. Amazing, there have been at least a half dozen posts that had nothing to do with the Grindstone Way plaza--and yet I get the grief.

Anyway, since we are back on topic now that the authority has spoken, I would argue that I have relatively little sympathy in regard to this issue. People bought property/homes in the area knowing full well that there were plans to build significant commercial/retail properties in the area (in fact, these plans date back decades to the years when I was a kid playing Pac Man at Big John's Restaurant at Clappisons Corners). I understand the need/desire for privacy--but, to put it bluntly, buying a house at Clappisons Corners seems to run contrary to the desire for either peace or quiet.