View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 11, 2010, 4:18 PM
disneypilled verhoevenist

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanactivistTX View Post
Seconded.

First off photolitherland... it's a wonderful photo thread because it represents some real Arkansas living their day-to-day lives. So that is much appreciated. But like Michigan, or Texas, or California or anywhere else... these people represent one sliver of the population of Arkansas. The thread title that you posted is suggestive that this somehow the "norm" for the entire state. Hopefully most forumers here know better, but I would hate to think that someone unfamiliar with Arkansas or the Southern United States stumbles across these images, and it burns into their brain as "the way we live". I am from Benton (near Little Rock) and can honestly say that I don't share too much in common with these people in your photos. I'm not white, I don't own ANY confederate flags, and have never lived in a trailer park.

So thank you for depicting the lives of approximately 50 Arkansans (out of a state that is nearing 3 million) in this artful, yet narrowly-focused thread.
The title of the thread is easily controversal, and of course Arkansas is far from monolithic in its cultural landscape. Nothing he photographed is a misrepresentation, however, and his commentary is honest. A similar thread could be made of Missouri, of course, and I would probably have a different reaction.