View Single Post
Old Posted May 25, 2020, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
I can see why it thrives in small towns and inner city areas where people don't have ready access to a Walmart. But I don't get the ones located in shopping districts that already have Walmart and other shopping options... there are a few in Winnipeg located a stone's throw from Walmarts and they seem utterly pointless. One of them announced it would be closing even before covid.
We have 4 of them in London, and 3 of them are near Walmarts. One of them, delivery trucks don't even have to move to deliver to GT and Walmart. This one, the GT was there first, and Walmart came in next door to a former Zellers. The newest one, (coincidentally in Molson Export's neck of the woods based in his past posts anyway), is quite nice inside, but I hate the plaza it's in based on traffic around it. However, the Walmart it's near (and it's further away from it's local Walmart than the other 2 are) is insane and you couldn't pay me to go there.

The 4th one is in an old local neighbourhood plaza with a home healthcare store, a bank, a restaurant, pool hall, used book store, nail spa, tax place, and a place that sells tombstones lol. This is more the type of place I would expect to see a chain like GT.