View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 16, 2012, 7:30 PM
mmmm... infillicious!

In addition to my original DenverInfill website, which tracked infill projects in the Downtown Denver area from 2000 to 2009, and my DenverInfill Blog, which I launched in 2005 and continues to cover infill-related development news in Denver's urban core, in 2010 I launched the DenverUrbanism blog which covers essentially all non-infill related pro-urban issues in Denver. Up until a few years ago, all of the content was written by me, but now I run both blogs as a collaboration, with several regular contributing bloggers and occasional posts by guests. Between the three, I average 50,000 to 60,000 visits a month.

Since this is also the Buildings and Architecture section, I thought I'd highlight an interesting series I've been running on DenverUrbanism since February. I've always been intrigued by how cities expand geographically and the relationship between that geographic expansion and the architecture of buildings over time.

Working with city GIS parcel data and a local armchair architect/photographer, I put together a research project to explore the architecture and geographic expansion of Denver's single-family detached homes, by decade, from the city's founding to the present day. So far we've posted 12 of 15 installments in the series. I'm now up to the 1980s. I invite you to check the series out! Here's a link to the 1980s decade, which provides links to the previous 11 decades at the top of the post. I hope you'll come back and check out the 1990s, the 2000s, and the big Series Finale over the next few weeks. Enjoy!

DenverInfill Blog
DenverUrbanism