View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 11, 2019, 4:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro-One View Post
I can understand people wishing to have more twinning done over interchanges in Golden.

That said, it looks as if two basic diamond interchanges would be relatively cheap to implement through Golden (replacing the series of lights) given that that stretch already has proper frontage roads in place and the land is available.

Also, any major highway twinning project should properly grade separate / build interchanges as much as possible regarding any related intersections involved within said upgrade. Best to build it once, not twice. Perfect example of this mistake is the twinning plan of the 97 through Peachland that involves retaining traffic lights instead of interchanges.
I don't mind them building at grade stuff if future grade separation is planned for and can be done relatively easily. But if they have to completely rebuild everything then I agree - I'm not sure how common or not that is though. Some of the 4 laning they do in BC looks ever so slightly too narrow to turn into a divided highway easily later.