View Single Post
Old Posted May 27, 2018, 6:10 PM
Volatile Pacivist

I can't say I'm all that impressed with the design, but then again it's a lot harder to get me excited about a proposal if it's a redevelopment than requires demos of some decent buildings rather than of a more poorly utilized site such as a parking lot or strip mall. The lowrise apartment building isn't much of a loss, but I hate losing Victorian-era houses.

But specifically in terms of the design, I don't see anything about the design language that connects it to the aesthetics or architectural heritage the city, province or neighbourhood. Stepping away from modern/contemporary design trends is fine - good even - as long as the result is something that integrates with and plays homage to its location. But then again, those type of design dues aren't actually a departure from contemporary design trends are they? Seems to be quite prevalent in contemporary populist design.