View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 1, 2017, 3:40 PM
Moran supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berklon View Post
For the most part, they won't be happy or sad... they just won't care. At least that's the feeling in Toronto... and from what I've heard Vancouver may be in a similar situation.

The biggest problems is the fan base is getting older faster than the CFL can replace them with younger fans. The next TV contract will be interesting as the key demographic for advertisers is already small and will probably continue to get smaller - making the contract worth less.
I can't see it being any larger, I would think advertising in print media is pretty much a dead horse and advertising on video media will be going that way what with people able to record programs on DVR's and then skip through commercials while watching their recorded program at their convenience.

As for Calgary's recent low attendance this past Thursday, I do suspect a good number of potential seat warmers were already headed to the mountains or elsewhere to do a bit of camping for the long weekend - traffic was considerably lighter during Thirsday's PM rush and Friday's AM rush was almost non-existent. Case in point, a good 25% of the people at my current job site were gone for the long weekend by noon on Thursday and I would say it was easily less than half of the regulars there on Friday to work.