View Single Post
Old Posted May 5, 2008, 5:04 PM
Robotic Construction

I just completed part one of a planned three part update!

The major part of of this update includes the addition of recently announced:

-999 17th Street:

Images are courtesy of Shea Properties -- From left: View of 18th & Curtis, View of 17th & Curtis (Day), 17th & Curtis (night)
Quote:
Originally Posted by denver-cityscape.com
12/4/07 -- Denver Cityscape has learned that a new mixed-use project is in the early planning stages for half a block in downtown Denver. The project, proposed on existing surface parking lots along Curtis Street between 17th and 18th, is currently programmed to include a 22 story office building fronting on 17th Street and a 30 story hotel/condominium tower on 18th Street. The two buildings would be connected by a 7 story parking structure. Ground floor retail is proposed along all three street frontages. Additional information should be available in the spring of 2008, if the project moves forward.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverInfill.com
04/18/2008 -- Yesterday at the Downtown Denver Partnership's annual Development Forum, it was made public that Shea Properties has plans for a major infill project on the entire undeveloped half of Downtown's Block 109. The project, known as 999 17th Street, would include a 350,000 SF office tower at the corner of 17th and Curtis and a tower of similar size at 18th and Curtis with possibly hotel and residential uses.

I've known about this project for many months but, since confidentiality was requested, I haven't blogged about it--which was tough to do since it's such an exciting development! I haven't yet obtained permission to post the project renderings.

An entire half block of surface parking in the core Downtown along 17th Street--our "Wall Street of the Rockies"--could go away and be replaced with a vibrant mixed-use high-rise complex. Sweet!

Last edited by SnyderBock; May 7, 2008 at 7:26 AM.