View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 19, 2017, 5:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUSunDevil View Post
Renting is not a good idea? People are now more informed (thanks internet) and owning a home can be expensive as hell with all costs considered. Don't forget that the younger generation doesn't want to be as tied down (marriage, location, mortgage etc.) as generations past.

Also, when have businesses not offered incentives? With competition comes finding creative ways to sell your product. See: "first month free"
dtnphx is going to have a problem with me responding to your post but look...

renting is basically throwing your money away every month. You build no equity, you buy no tax shelter, and you have no net worth. Millennials are beginning to realize that and are making up some of the largest percentage of home buyers in a lot of markets around the country.

As for incentives, I'm not talking the usual "we'll discount your security deposit" or "free $350 TV". I literally saw a giant burst of apartments built in the mid 80's and about a year later some complexes were giving multiple months of free rent and one of them, yes, I remember the signs "lease today - Hawaii vacation included".

Just curious how young is the average person on this forum? You all seem pretty hard to convince of anything and a lot of the optimism and excitement makes me think you've never seen the bad side of business.