View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 21, 2011, 6:47 PM
BANNED

I should check out those series.

The levy idea you mentioned: would you think it fair to apply it across the board, to even existing subdivisions--or are you strictly speaking in the sense of new developments that are now benefiting (and in many cases only possible) because of the new crossing?

For a harbour crossing in the form of a bridge, I surmise a connection on the peninsula as far inward as the corner of South Street and Queen:

The height of the bridge would avoid all infrastructure along the southern waterfront. Furthermore, Georges Island would be untoched and unblocked in terms of a view via the Citadel. In addition to this view preservation are those of McNabs Island and the mouth of our harbour which meets the Atlantic Ocean. An immediate complication would be the acquisition of a small number of properties on the downward slope of South Street, toward Barrington, as this is where the peninsular bridge connection would be...

The arm crossing, I'm not sure about. I think I'll admit that this particular area of the HRM is the place I know least about. Where would appropriate connection points be? I'm guessing the further south, the further away from the rotary, the more practical?...