View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 17, 2019, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nv_2897 View Post
I saw on carrier johnson + culture's instagram that the bridge that linked the former courthouse and the city jail (front street bridge) was taken down on Tuesday. Could this mean they are ready to start demo on the old courthouse building?
They have started some demo. They are just finishing up with the asbestos remediation. I did the lift plans for both of those bridge picks. The second one will be coming out soon.

I was down at that job site this week helping them get ready to install their exterior construction hoist. Before the hoist goes in they are going to fly a bobcat to each floor to assist with the demo. The scaffolding guys are almost done installing the trash chute in that north parking lot of south block. NorthStar says that they are going to use a method where they place a piece of equipment on the roof and then demo from the top down. The breaker will demo itself into a corner and then use a ramp to lower itself to the next level. I have seen it done on a YouTube video. They are expecting it to take about 4 weeks per floor. There are 7 floors and a basement. I have seen what they were able to find of the original as built drawings dated 1956 or 1957 if i remember correctly. Pretty cool.

That whole place is loaded with those theater type seats. The old phone booths looked cool but they were marked to be saved.

Last edited by CrookedRecords; Aug 17, 2019 at 12:58 AM.