View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 24, 2012, 3:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorbeauNoir View Post
So what? Most of the Red Wings' elite players have spent YEARS in the AHL before graduating into the NHL. It's for that exact reason that their elite players can play such a tight two-way game when they make it to the bigs.

You can't point to generational-level talent as a case study for an entire league, that's absurd. Not every player is going to peak the moment they're drafted.
I won't argue with you about that.

I've lived in Halifax all my life. I've seen both AHL and CHL play here. The CHL is far more entertaining with younger players giving everything for the chance to be drafted into the NHL.

If you want to watch the AHL go ahead. I think most Canadians agree the CHL is a more entertaining product. In a country that loves its Hockey it's no wonder cities like Halifax, Vancouver, Calgary, Ottawa, Quebec City, London, Kitchener, Windsor, Kelowna, Saskatoon, Regina, Victoria, Moncton, Saint John etc. have embraced it over the AHL.

There is a reason there is only four AHL teams in Canada. Canadians know it sucks, and Americans are not hockey smart enough to realize it sucks. That's just my opinion, you’re entitled to yours.